Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lace Shrug, Nearly Done!

So last week I got a bag of wool yarn for 1$, Mom's thrift store finds remember? I set about searching Ravelry for a pattern which required exactly 350 yds (I extrapolated that number using the old tags and a postal scale BTW) of worsted weight yarn. I arrived at the Posh Wedding Shrug.

A week and a half later (no, I don't knit that slowly, but I've had lots of school work for finals week) Here it is! Mind this is unblocked and without tucking in the ends, I may not get to that until I've worn it a few times... (my knitting gramma winces). Easy lace pattern that looks good! But, there is a problem....

Look at how short those sleeves are! I panicked a little at the prospect of running out of yarn and ended them a little soon. The pattern calls for a picot edging on the shrug, but I think I'll opt for a picot edge on the sleeves. So know I'm off to ask about the forums for the perfect edging...

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Very nice! I like it!