Sunday, August 30, 2009

My weekend - Giant Veggies, Knitters and the Farmers Market

Whew! What a time! And lots of moving books inbetween!
First there was the Cucumber baby. My mother was being vigilant and searching the Zucchini patch for any monsters, so the cukes got a little neglected. While perhaps a little smaller than their curcubit cousins, the cuke babies are still mutant and cute! Worthy of the little hat, the light bulb is for scale...

Friday night as I prepared for the Longmont Farmers Market craft fair, I skeined up some pale blue-green alpaca with just a touch of sparkle. Good thing - I sold both skeins! I have one more batt of this colorway so there will be another skein for my Etsy shop. I called it Aquamarine (The Colorado state gemstone incidently, I learned something useful this week in Geology...) and I think I will name all my sparkly colorways after minerals... One skein was bought by...
This lovely lady! In fact, two wonderful women who had both bought yarn from me before returned for another hit (I'm not a drug dealer, yarn is legal!). One brought her FO to show off - soooo cute! The best part is that the colorway (Spring Meadows) seems to match all her outfits, she admited to having a weakness for bright green. It's so satisfying to see your goods being used! Keep knitting Colorado...
Tomorrow's the last day to move out everything from my Mother's book store... ugh. I'll let you know if I survive.

No comments: