Monday, July 12, 2010

Harvest Time Coming on!

The full heat of summer is upon us, and the plants are flourishing in hours and hours of Colorado sunlight, big happy spreading vegetables are putting out blooms and setting on fruit...


It's so amazing to think that these started out at little flat round seeds, and now they're huge floppy green masses with hard green bits on them that will soon turn red and have little flat white bits in them... Biology 101 at work in your backyard.


This is the first year that the majority of my plants were brought up from dry seeds, and it's a great feeling to watch them from a little pair of cotyledons to a big bushy plant! (My girls are growing up!)



I guess some people have children, I have a garden for the joy in my life. Plus, in most states it's illegal to eat your children.

No comments: