Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Froggies!

Some years ago I bought an entire bag of green scraps, thinking it was an abandoned quilting project... when I opened it up however, I discovered that most of it was pieces cut out to make stuffed frogs! Many of them found their way on to bags over the years, and a few were made into stuffies. I was using them as part of my display at this year's Holiday Handmade show and it sent people into a nostalgic state! It seems the pattern was sold to housewives as a way to use fabric and clothes bits intending them to be sold at bazaars and such...
One customer even had strong recollections of their grandmother having a pincushion made in the same way, and requested a miniaturized version. So I shrunk down the pattern and made some adjustments to create cute little froggy pincushions! I've been stuffing them with wool seconds from carding so they are very light and poofy. I may create a set of different sized frogs for my booth displays because they are soooo cute!

No comments: