Monday, January 16, 2012

I (Heart) Fabric Scraps

Guess what time of year it is?! That's right, time to pray on the romanticized views of romance and force couples to spend money on each other... I mean... uh. Time to celebrate the season of love! Hearts are starting to pop up just about everywhere.

I shy away from making items that are too specific to a holiday. Who wants to own something they only use one month of the year? Fortunately hearts are universal enough that one can carry a heart covered bag without looking "out-of-season".

And it's a great way to explore color groups and have fun with little bits of fabric. I can use even very small pieces so long as they are a good shape! And if anyone ask about the pile of hearts growing on my cutting table, I'm in love with life or something cheesy like that...

Do you have any special crafts for Valentine's? My heart collection is growing daily...

1 comment:

Rose Clearfield said...

I love the final heart bag! That is really cheery with the yellow hearts.