Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Sweater Done!

Finished my first Lopi sweater this week, complete with terrifically dramatic steeking! It's the Riddari sweater from the Icelandic Knits book, but I made a cardigan instead of a pull-over. This wool is so heavy that it's best worn as a bike-riding-on-a-twenty-degree-night sweater. I tried that out last night, it worked. My face was cold as hell tho, 

 
I used vintage buttons and a single sheep's tooth at the top. I was tempted to buy full sets of buttons for both sweaters when in Iceland, but they were pricey so I bought one for each sweater. That's right, I have two sweaters worth of yarn! I start my second Lopi sweater this next week to take part in a KAL at Fancy Tiger. Let's get sweatered!

What's the scariest crafty thing you've ever done?

No comments: