Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cutting Cookies

 This is my latest awesome cookie cutter - little scissors! I was so smitten I paid a full 3$ for it. Hey, I'm a vintage thrifter. That's a lot for old cookware. But how could I resist? I am a seamstress after all...

I used my usual basic butter cookies with a few tasty add-ins.
1 cup butter
1 cup honey
1/2 cup ground flax seed
A handful of lemon balm, crumbled fine between your palms.
baking soda (probably about 1 tsp. I never measure too hard)
~3 cups flour, to make a soft dough. I used a blend of white flour and whole wheat pastry flour.
 It took a long time to roll out all the cookies, since the cutter is funny shaped there's a lot of scraps at the end of each sheet. I added the jam dots mostly for looks, I was worried that the scissor shape wouldn't be obvious without them! That's just peach jam, pureed to be smooth.
I worried too much, the little scissors are definitely cutting and cute. Do you have a favorite odd cookie cutter? What shape do you make for your crafting group? Do I sound like a prim 50's housewife yet?

No comments: